Marketplace Women gathered for a beautiful morning of breakfast, fellowship and lively discussion on the trending topic of How to Lead Millennials in the Workplace. Some of the key tips from our topic collaboration were:
- Provide Direct Direction
- Deliver the WHY
- Suggest saying, “Do it this way, this time; then if you see a different way come back and let’s discuss!”
- Suggest saying, “I have your back.”
- Reverse Mentoring. Grab a Millennial to mentor you! You are guaranteed to learn and laugh.
- Confidence is not the key to resilience. Competence is! Create one or two opportunities for the Millennial to grow in competence.
- Like Jesus, be direct...in LOVE!
It was a fun morning of sharing and learning and remembering what our actions say in the workplace.